Canada Kicks Ass
Should members be allowed to hide their rep points

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

danikyvor @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:48 am

I don't even have any so... lol

Pimpbrewski @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:23 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
As someone with 70 rep points, I think my point of view should take precedence over all others. Thta's right--70. A seven, followed by a zero. Clearly, I must have god-like wisdom adn charisma, and the people have chosen wisely in selecting me their leader through rep points. I'm sorry, what was this thread about again?

But enough about me--

For this, it would be best to use one of your quotes from another thread. :lol: :lol:

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Qu'est-ce que fuck?

On the other hand, those should be used for fun if nothing else. :o

$1:
that would be interesting... and revealing.

Like them stars thingy a while ago. Kinda like a Kindergarten teacher handing out smilies on a 5 year old kid's drawing. For the most part, this is an adult forum and not a day care centre. But then, it is only a matter of opinion. :)

Scape @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:28 am

I think the rep system is good. I like clicking on a profile and then seeing what other members have given points for and the post. The only thing of value is the comments and the post, the points are trivial. If someone wants to give out neg rep and troll someone... fine but if we turn it into some points conquest it become meaningless. Some of these threads become huge and I have little time to read them all but the rep system has been a way for me to get to some of the choice cuts in the thread without having to scroll through pages of inane babble. If someone wants to shut off their rep system they isolate their posts but if they do that and still doll out the neg rep points that's trolling and should be quashed.

Public_Domain @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:18 am

I would be happy if people had to show their Rep.

I'm in the negative and I'm keeping mine up, :P

I wonder if I can be the first to have two little red squares, :lol:

Alta_redneck @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:39 am

I've had mine off right from the start, I don't give out pos's or neg's. like Pimp said it looks like something right out of Kindergarden, and so do a few of the members, even the educated ones. :P

Now lets get back to something inportant, like life :rock:

Regina @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:16 am

I think individuals should be able to turn them off, but they also shouldn’t be able to give them either. Looking at some of them given and the reasons is a bit bizarre and rarely reflect the quality of posts (in serious discussions) but rather their political fan base. Some negative reps are actually a positive depending on who’s dishing them out and why.

Brenda @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:36 am

I liked the blue stars better... :?

tritium @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:53 am

Regina Regina:
I think individuals should be able to turn them off, but they also shouldn’t be able to give them either. Looking at some of them given and the reasons is a bit bizarre and rarely reflect the quality of posts (in serious discussions) but rather their political fan base. Some negative reps are actually a positive depending on who’s dishing them out and why.

DITTO

I think that rep points are pretty much useless.

There are groups of members that sorta support each other. So rep points are skewed and illrelevant.

bootlegga @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:01 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
As someone with 70 rep points, I think my point of view should take precedence over all others. Thta's right--70. A seven, followed by a zero. Clearly, I must have god-like wisdom adn charisma, and the people have chosen wisely in selecting me their leader through rep points. I'm sorry, what was this thread about again?

But enough about me--what do you think about me?

Sounds like someone needs to be taken down a notch...neg rep coming up! :lol: :wink:

bootlegga @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:07 am

Personally, I could care less. MTBR seems to go out of his way, stalking me and giving me neg points for every chance he gets, and of course I've given him some back in return when he says something awful (like joking about firefighters in Toronto dying).

All in all, I agree with Scape. It lets you see what choice gems some people have said.

I think rep should mesh with the friend/foe system. I think if someone is a foe, you shouldn't be able to rep them and they shouldn't be able to rep you, but thta's only because I'm tired of MTBR's constant stream of BS.

mtbr @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:10 am

at least I don't cry like a suck when I get negative points from you crybaby. :lol:
once again I never said boo about fire fighters so quit making up lies dip shit :P

Brenda @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:11 am

I personally couldn't care less either, but... I like to read the comments that are given. I would love to see a list that shows all the comments, instead of having to click on someones rep.

Oh and Zip... I bow to your mighty Godness and respect your every opinion :twisted:

Regina @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:14 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
Personally, I could care less. MTBR seems to go out of his way, stalking me and giving me neg points for every chance he gets, and of course I've given him some back in return when he says something awful (like joking about firefighters in Toronto dying).

All in all, I agree with Scape. It lets you see what choice gems some people have said.

I think rep should mesh with the friend/foe system. I think if someone is a foe, you shouldn't be able to rep them and they shouldn't be able to rep you, but thta's only because I'm tired of MTBR's constant stream of BS.

I was thinking of something like that too but I doubt the site can support something like that………..although you never know.

bootlegga @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:15 am

mtbr mtbr:
at least I don't cry like a suck when I get negative points from you crybaby. :lol:
once again I never said boo about fire fighters so quit making up lies dip shit :P

Hey stalker... :roll:

mtbr mtbr:
despise the place and it's people.

the propane explosion wasn't big enough.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=66956&p=1308633&view=show#p1308633

Almost sounds like you wish MORE firefighters died...

DerbyX @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:15 am

bootlegga bootlegga:

Personally thats why I turned mine off. I got tired of it being a partisan attack avenue by loads of people (although like you I responded in kind).

I turned mine off and haven't used it since although I must admit I didn't think of the system in the terms Scape put forth. It won't take long though for the system to become unwieldy cumbersome to sift through and lets not forget that just like a users post count so to will their rep point level equal their penis size.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next