Canada Kicks Ass
Should members be allowed to hide their rep points

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Pseudonym @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:19 am

I would normally say that I am apathetic with regards to rep points, but my statement is belied by the fact that I feel all warm and nice whenever I check my profile and find pretty new rep points there.

:P

Blue_Nose @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:28 am

I'd like to know why hwacker's got 5 points to his vote - there's something messed up so it says he joined in 2000, which is obviously a flaw.

mtbr @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:29 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
mtbr mtbr:
at least I don't cry like a suck when I get negative points from you crybaby. :lol:
once again I never said boo about fire fighters so quit making up lies dip shit :P

Hey stalker... :roll:

mtbr mtbr:
despise the place and it's people.

the propane explosion wasn't big enough.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=66956&p=1308633&view=show#p1308633

Almost sounds like you wish MORE firefighters died...

almost and never said it are two different things...still never said shit about firefighters liar.

DerbyX @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:31 am

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
I'd like to know why hwacker's got 5 points to his vote - there's something messed up so it says he joined in 2000, which is obviously a flaw.

manifest destiny also has five and his post count is ~2000 which was what I thought the rep level was based on.

Alta_redneck @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:32 am

bootlegga bootlegga:

mtbr mtbr:
despise the place and it's people.

the propane explosion wasn't big enough.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=66956&p=1308633&view=show#p1308633

Almost sounds like you wish MORE firefighters died...

Almost is not actually saying it Boot. Have you ever wondered what killed that fireman? considering the family didn't want the details of his death released.

Regina @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:34 am

OKAY ENOUGH!!

All of you go to your rooms and dish out a few rep points.

:o

Pseudonym @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:39 am

Regina Regina:
OKAY ENOUGH!!

All of you go to your rooms and dish out a few rep points.

:o

FINE! Have at you! :lol:

Regina @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:47 am

:lol:

Mustang1 @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:54 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
Personally, I could care less. MTBR seems to go out of his way, stalking me and giving me neg points for every chance he gets, and of course I've given him some back in return when he says something awful (like joking about firefighters in Toronto dying).

All in all, I agree with Scape. It lets you see what choice gems some people have said.

I think rep should mesh with the friend/foe system. I think if someone is a foe, you shouldn't be able to rep them and they shouldn't be able to rep you, but thta's only because I'm tired of MTBR's constant stream of BS.

Without a doubt, he's one of CKA's biggest crybabies and intellectual cowards. The rep points offer the little baby an opportunity to make comments unmolested and not get his ass handed to him on the forums. He's really just a complete ignoramus that wants desperately to comment on politics competently, but his lack of education and cognitive skills render him useless. The rep points allow him a measure of revenge, that's all.

hwacker @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:57 am

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:

i wanna know why you wanna know ?

Did it ever cross your mind that I’m the voice of reason around here ?

bootlegga @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:58 am

I agree AR, but joking about a fire in which firefighters were killed and wounded is in awful bad taste, which is why he got neg rep (BTW I gave the same to Robmik who doesn't seem to care).

If he just would have said, "I hate Toronto" then fine, that's an opinion and everyone is allowed that. To me his statement disrespects those who put their lives on the line to save people everyday. Why not just make fun of victims of Katrina, the 2004 Tsunami, etc?

If he can't handle neg rep, then he should just turn it off.

bootlegga @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:58 am

hwacker hwacker:
Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:

i wanna know why you wanna know ?

Did it ever cross your mind that I’m the voice of reason around here ?

That's one of the funniest things you've ever said! ROTFL

Mustang1 @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:59 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
I agree AR, but joking about a fire in which firefighters were killed and wounded is in awful bad taste, which is why he got neg rep (BTW I gave the same to Robmik who doesn't seem to care).

If he just would have said, "I hate Toronto" then fine, that's an opinion and everyone is allowed that. To me his statement disrespects those who put their lives on the line to save people everyday. Why not just make fun of victims of Katrina, the 2004 Tsunami, etc?

If he can't handle neg rep, then he should just turn it off.

He made a dumb comment. It's par for the course for him - if you wanted to reward it with a neg. rep, that's certainly your call :wink:

Brenda @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:08 am

What is the fun of the negativity anyway? :?

Same as the negative medal threads... I just don't see the fun in that. I might not agree with peoples opinions, but is that a reason to disrespect theirs (and hand out neg. reps)? I don't think so...

Just my $ .02

Hyack @ Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:21 am

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:

Trevor's explanation of the system

$1:
Reputation power
The total point you give to other members is based on rep power you have. The default rep power is '0', user will gain 1 rep power after posting 100 posts. Rep power can increase by user post factor and user membership day factor.

There is also an option in your "User Control Panel" under "Board preferences" where you can choose to hide your reputation.

These are the settings I have for now:

- 25 points = 1 green block (the first green block will start to show after +1 point)
- 1 Rep Power for every 5,000 posts
- 1 Rep Power for every 2 years
- Max 5 Rep Power
- CKA Mods have a Rep Power of 5

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next